Our specialised services include:
• Individual and group therapy which focuses on providing coping mechanisms for people to reintegrate in their families, communities and workplaces.
• Cognitive stimulation groups to assist clients with cognitive disorders.
• Cognitive exercises to improve the brains engagement for everyday functioning. We focus on improving the following cognitive target areas: executive functions, memory domains and verbal, visual, auditory, spatial and attention processing.
• Implementation of strategies to compensate for persistent cognitive issues.
• Cognitive remediation groups to help clients with cognitive difficulties, who also struggle with a mood disorder, head injury or even the impact from a stroke.
• Improve cognitive processing awareness and assist clients to develop their own compensatory approach.
• Application of strategies to help clients manage specific perceptual or cognitive deficits.
• Cognitive retraining solutions enabling clients to improve their cognitive processes within the context of meaningful or necessary activities.
• Preventative skills coaching to prevent mental health concerns.
• Learn healthy coping skills to reduce the chances of issues arising in the first place.
• Apply healthy coping skills to effectively manage problems.
• Facilitate ongoing prevention keeping clients healthy, happy and independent.
• Preventative care offers sustainable lifestyle and behavioural changes, as opposed to quick fixes.
• Return to work support and facilitation after illness, which often includes:
INPATIENT GROUP AND INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
Our inpatient service is offered at Life Poortview Clinic & RH Bell Hospital, with dedicated mental healthcare facilities specialising in the treatment of psychiatric disorders, including substance abuse or other addictions associated with disorders.
Our therapeutic intervention is designed to enable clients to develop skills, resources, attitudes and expectations needed to work through the interview process of getting and keeping employment.
FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY EVALUATIONS/ FUNCTIONAL SCREENINGS
We offer screenings and evaluations to establish a person’s ability to participate in work, and other activities of daily living that support work and personal performance.
OUTPATIENT GROUP AND INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
Our outpatient service is focussed on regaining and maintaining daily functions and life roles.
CONSULTATIONS WITH EMPLOYERS
We consult with employers regarding accommodations and/or adaptations for clients with a disability, to ensure they retain respect and dignity whilst actively contributing at work.
Our site visits are led by our Occupational Therapists to conduct a job analysis, ergonomic assessments and to determine desensitisation.